How to connect Custom WhatsApp API to botbaba and build a WhatsApp bot?
Go to My Chatbots
Click the 3 Dot menu on any chatbot and go to Integrations
Enter the details for Custom WhatsApp API (you will get these details from the Custom WhatsApp API Dashboard)
Note: Enter mobile number with country code but without the plus (+) sign.
Save the details (Saving the details will set botbaba’s webhook inside your Custom WhatsApp API instance)
Reboot the instance and wait until you get a successful notification.
Generate QR Code
The connection to Custom WhatsApp API is done!
Now, to build a bot,
- Go to the bot builder section of the bot
- Edit the first block, add your messages there in the Question box and set input type as text input and save it and publish it.
- Say hi to your whatsapp number to initiate the bot conversation, it will respond with the contents of block 1
- Create more blocks to build a conversation…
- Use the Global variable #WANum# to re-use the WhatsApp number of the user chatting, anywhere in the flow of the bot. ex: pushing the number to your CRM via konnectzit or pabbly.
- You don’t get WhatsApp name when you are using waapi.
- If you get 404 page not found error when you click on Generate QR code then remove the blank space from the end of the Domain URL.
- If you get a blank page when you click on Generate QR then please add the URL as https instead of http.
- If your number is already paired from the Custom WhatsApp API dashboard, no need to pair it again, just save the details here and it will be good to go.